Wednesday, September 21, 2011

j + m weekend part 2: williamsburg indulgences

After our fantastic Friday and Saturday, Sunday was really all about edible indulgences. But I'd say we earned it. Since the L train was closed, Drew, Joe and I decided to walk across the Williamsburg bridge to the Brooklyn Flea, located on the Williamsburg waterfront. The entire walk took us about an hour or so, but it was definitely worth it, for the view, the funny graffiti, and the rewards at the end! We munched on fresh tuna tacos, wood-fire pizza, and gourmet doughnuts.

Drew and I, representing our corner. Hi-larious street art in our hood.

Alphabet City Graffiti

Walking across the Williamsburg Bridge







This graffiti inspired Drew's hilarious reworking of Empire State of Mind


























Disheveled Mich

The rainbow that leads to Brooklyn















































































Mexican Fanta! Apparently tastes different than American.

Drew's Carnitas Taco
Joe and my grilled tuna taco

Taco feast!


Cute things at the market.
Fun- guy pizza, cooked in a wood-fired oven at the market

Doughnuts from Dough, Coconut. 

After the market, Joe and I hung out in a Williamsburg cafe and I did some reading. But on the way home, I accidentally took us in the wrong direction, and suddenly, we were lured into a lovely restaurant called The Bedford, advertising 3 dollar pints and 1 dollar oysters! One pint each + 6 oysters, and we finally had the energy to walk back across the bridge.



Things on the bar at The Bedford

How could we resist?



Michelle tries on the awesome sweater she made fun of Joe for purchasing

It was a little big. And itchy. But awesome.

1 comment: