So after a long weekend of running around like mad, I am finally moved into my Alphabet City digs. Poeple have been asking to see some pics of my place, so here are a few tastes:
 |
| Everything in my room ended up being pretty much black and white, which I like. |
 |
| Pavement poster, family and friends in photos, my favourite jewelry tree |
 |
| Workspace. |
 |
| Hallway storage. |
More pics to come I'm sure once the living room and kitchen are more lived in. I have to say, I'm so thrilled to have a place of my own, and Drew and I are a pretty awesome flat-mate pair. I'm really looking forward to spending the next year in this place, and thanks so much to my amazing parents for helping me move in, especially dad's amazing carpentry/ikea furniture putting together/hanging of things onto walls skills.
Even though most of our time was spent on apartment related matters, we did get to do a few fun NY things. We finally were able to get tickets to Warhorse, production-wise, one of the finest pieces of theatre I've seen in years. Old food favourites like Pastis and Babbo were fantastic, as usual, but we really enjoyed our meal at Ma Peche, David Chang's uptown Momofuku, where we split summer rolls, and a whole sea bass, baked in salt crust, served with lettuce wraps, pickled veg and an eggplant and a noodle salad. But, the highlight of the weekend was when we sat right next to Natalie Portman, husband and baby at ABC Kitchens (!!!). What a New York moment.
Tomorrow I start my first day of class, and next week I have my first meeting with my thesis advisor to discus my dissertation which I'll be working on this semester. But until things get a little busy (although nowhere near as busy as last semester!), I had a leisurely rainy day: gym, groceries, and magazine reading in my new favourite neighborhood cafe,
Ost Cafe.
 |
| Fantastic double cappacino, and fantastic reading: the Gentlewoman magazine |
 |
| The remnants of my apricot hamentashen |
So nice and cozy!
ReplyDelete