Thursday, February 24, 2011
the heart is a stone and it is a stone that we throw
Last night I had the privilege of seeing Beach House at Webster Hall, around the corner from my house. I was thoroughly blown away by the power of Victoria Legrand's voice, the incredible use of looping, prerecorded sounds and live musicianship, and the kickass light show.
Standing there, listening to the band play "Zebra", one of my favourite tracks, I thought back to last year, almost a year ago, when I wrote this post on my music blog (I recommend all who do not know the music of Beach House listen to the song). Last year I was out of a relationship, confused about my future, and obsessed with making the right "choices". If only last year Michelle with all her anxieties could have known that I would be listening to Beach House play "Zebra" live in NYC, the city in which I live, where I wake up everyday to a life that is full of joy and love and good things.
Labels:
Webster Hall
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment