 |
| The coveted ramps at the Union Square Greenmarket. Spring is here! |
I can't believe I'm standing here, on the other side of it all. Yep, I graduated. After 2 years of hard work, thousands of pages of reading, what must amount to hundreds of pages of writing, I now proudly hold a Masters degree. So how does it feel?
It feels wonderful. Not just because I have the degree and am done the school work (although there is something even a little bit sad about that), but because I really feel like I proved something larger to myself. I moved to a city I knew not that much about, knowing no more than two people, and I made a life for myself. I did well in school and I had two incredibly rewarding jobs. But most of all, moving here convinced me of my own strength, my ability to endure, to cope with loneliness, stress and, most of all, change.
Here I stand in an in between zone. For the next few months I will be working at
this amazing organization, and enjoying the summer in New York. More on future plans later. In the meantime, here are some snapshots from the month of May, a month of celebration; of celebrating the end of a chapter and the beginning of the next.
 |
| Beauty and colour at the Greenmarket |
 |
| Brunch at Diner in Brooklyn (where they write the specials on the paper-covered table!) |
 |
| Having coffee and working with Burcu in Williamsburg |
 |
| With my mom, after an insanely fancy burger at the legendary Minetta Tavern. |
 |
| A pre-graduation lunch at Bar Americain |
 |
| Yankee Stadium graduation! |
 |
The graduate! With Lili and the parents after Radio City graduation
|
One final thing: a friend of mine based here in New York suggested that I make a New York guide on the blog, a guide for visitors who are looking for what my top New York picks for eating etc.. are. Would this appeal to you, readers? I could do it by neighborhood, perhaps. Let me know in the comments if you are interested in this.
No comments:
Post a Comment