Friday, April 20, 2012

oh, hi there


Oh, hello there! Yes, I am still alive, still living in New York, still eating. Life has given me a ton of wonderful things recently, and I am so excited about what I have on the horizon. But I thought it might be a nice time to pause, and assemble a bizarre collection of some of my happenings from the last little while.


I've been doing a lot of home cooking recently. Including pickling onions!
Here they are on a salad.
Tom and I went to the Whitney Biennial. Their Biennial is pretty widely considered to be a kind of measure of what is "hot" in American art at the moment, and it was really amazing to get a glimpse of some of the interesting things going on in the visual art world (which, from my observation, seems to be all about installations and video). My favourite pieces were a film by Werner Herzog and the paintings below by Nicole Eisenman.



Paintings by Nicole Eisenman
Tom checks out a piece
Joe came to visit again. We didn't get up to too much craziness because I was working hard at school work. But we did have a chance to visit a local cafe I'd been meaning to drop by for a while, Abraco. We also went to see a hip-hop group Joe really loves at the Brooklyn Bowl ( a really cool space), and had a really special, treat of a meal at Vinegar Hill, in DUMBO (which is the neighborhood under the Brooklyn Bridge). No pictures of this meal, sorry blog readers! We were too busy enjoying the rustic environment, the refreshing wine, and feasting on duck, caesar salad with "shmaltz" croutons and chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting...to think about taking photos. You may just have to go to Vinegar Hill and experience for yourself. 



We had lattes (in classic NY takeaway cups) and two slices of amazing cake:
Olive Oil and Pistachio + Cardamon. Get the cake!!


We found a maze in Greenwich! Me in the maze.
Graffiti/Protest Art in Alphabet City

Long line!
Oh yah! We went to Shake Shack. Mmmm..
Have been dreaming about that Shack Burger + Shake since..


No comments:

Post a Comment