Wednesday, February 22, 2012

duck, coffee, happiness

This past weekend I had a long weekend for Presidents Day and Joe came to visit. Even though I still had work to do (that thesis still seems to be hanging around...how strange...), it felt like a bit of a stay-cation for me. Here is a rundown of the first half of our weekend. Pictures are taken by both Joe and I on his lovely Canon Rebel.


Joe and I decided not to really do anything big for Valentines Day, choosing instead to treat ourselves to a few great meals. The big one was our lunch on the Friday he got in, at Momofuku Ssam Bar. The food was amazing. We munched on their signature pork buns, duck dumplings, and duck over rice (my favourite), which was served with crispy fried shallots, hoison sauce, greens and the special ssam sauce. We spent the rest of the day wandering around, doing a bit of shopping, and had a relaxing night in with burritos and bad TV.



Duck over rice and duck dumplings
Happiness!
Wandering the Flatiron district on a sunny day
Lavender at the Greenmarket in Union Square

Vintage cars from the Coen Brothers movie being filmed in the East Village!
Doing some reading at Cafe Ost
Hi!

3 comments:

  1. dude you look amazing ! clearly thesis writing suits you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah my beautiful Michelle! I love seeing these pictures and seeing you in your element, strutting the streets of NY city, dabbling in your share of delicious meals and spreading your smile! I get excited thinking about when we will be reunited in the same city again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww ladies, you are both so sweet.
    Han- that was one of the loveliest comments ever! I hope you recover fast from that crappy injury!

    ReplyDelete