I'm the kind of person who sometimes needs to be reminded about the little things. I can get so caught up in life stresses, the long term future etc, that I sometimes forget to take joy in the small and the every day.
But when I am able to focus in on the now, on a particular moment, it can be so absolutely lovely: the way a park looks as it's lit just right, the feeling of finishing a knitting project, preparing a meal for someone else (or for myself) that is truly tasty etc... So on that note, I would like to make a list of little things I want to do in the next few months as I settle back into my Alphabet City apartment, things that have more to do with simple pleasures than major life ambitions.
1. Take more walks for the sake of walking, rather than simply getting from point A to point B
2. Organize my pantry items into labeled jars
3. Do not think about school when I am not doing school stuff
4. Make homemade granola
5. Keep going to shows
6. Do more yoga
7. Have faith in my ability to get things done
8. Host more dinners with people I love
9. Make exciting salads (like this one and this one)
10. Go to the movies more often (even alone!)
11. Drink more tasty cocktails
12. Read outdoors.
13. Go see the cherry blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
14. Put more effort and time into personal grooming
15. Keep running
16. Live in the moment, even when its hard
I plan on keeping up this blog as long as I can as I think its a really great avenue for reminding myself to have fun, and take advantage of every moment I have in this city. Life is scary, and there is a lot of uncertainty in my future, but right now things are pretty damn good, and its time to stop the worrying and enjoy the small pleasures.
10. Go to the movies more often (even alone!)
11. Drink more tasty cocktails
12. Read outdoors.
13. Go see the cherry blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
14. Put more effort and time into personal grooming
15. Keep running
16. Live in the moment, even when its hard
I plan on keeping up this blog as long as I can as I think its a really great avenue for reminding myself to have fun, and take advantage of every moment I have in this city. Life is scary, and there is a lot of uncertainty in my future, but right now things are pretty damn good, and its time to stop the worrying and enjoy the small pleasures.


the little things are so so very important
ReplyDelete