Bonjour from la belle Paris! I am writing from the living room of my family friends' flat in the 15th arrondisement. Yesterday, I arrived off the red eye from Toronto incredibly tired, but determined to last till at least 8:30 pm. After a lovely lunch with my hosts, I walked around their neighborhood, to a street called Rue Cler, where I found a lovely selection of food shops to browse. Oh and I passed somewhat noteworthy buildings..
 |
| Oh, hi there. |
 |
| Delicious eats on Rue Cler |
 |
| Paris has the most glorious flowers. |
I eventually made it to 8:30, and got about a full 12 hours of sleep, waking up around 8:30 am. After a small breakfast at the flat, I stopped off at the local market to pick up some fruit for the day. I then jumped on the Metro, and went to one of my favourite Paris neighborhoods, the Marais to read some class readings, take in the city and do what I love to do, eat.
 |
| Fish monger at the 15eme arrondisement market |
 |
| Wandering the Marais |
 |
| Eating a nectarine in the park |
 |
| Strange mime performance in the Place des Vosges |
 |
| Place des vosges |
 |
| Falafel in the Jewish quarter of the Marais |
 |
| On the way down to read by the Seine |
 |
| View from the bridge |
Then my camera died. Things not covered by my photos: my visit to the Isle St Louis where I had a scoop of dark chocolate ice cream from the legendary Berthillon, the excellent shops I wandered in and out of, and stumbling upon a hilarious Israeli dance group.
Tomorrow I move into my apartment in the Republique neighborhood and I look forward to updating again when I'm more settled in there.
yay! looks like paradise. glad you're having a blast. more updates please
ReplyDeleteThanks lady! Will ASAP!
ReplyDelete