As you can probably tell, I've been updating a heck of a lot less than usual, as I've been busy working on final papers, looking into classes for the summer, and preparing for next semester. I am SO looking forward to my pretty much 1 month vacation. During that time, I probably won't be updating, but you can definitely expect to hear from me in February.
Last night, I took a break from work and went with my friend Caroline to Babycakes, with is an dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, processed sugar-free bakery! I'm a little skeptical about vegan deserts but I had many people rave about it to me so I knew I had to try it.
 |
| babycakes is located on the LES and is super adorable |
 |
| Caroline and I had kind of hoped that they had inherited the signs. |
 |
| Me with my gluten-free vegan chocolate cupcake. It was pretty good. |
 |
| Caroline with hers! |
We also purchased chocolate chip cookie sandwiches which I have to say were WAY better than the chocolate cupcakes. The vanilla frosting in the center was lighter than the chocolate, and the cookies were surprisingly gooey. We had to buy them frozen so we let them defrost in our pockets on the way back to Caroline's place, where we watched the second half of the Hogfather, a BBC movie based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Pretty kickass night.
 |
| Love this city. |
YOU WATCHED HOGFATHER! We're for serious BFFs now. Also: soy-free? That's amazing. I don't like that weird soy aftertaste with regular vegan baking.
ReplyDeleteHogfather: I KNEW you'd be the one to comment! So much fun. My kind of Christmas-time movie.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, its pretty amazing that there's no soy, because soy margarine is usually like, the staple of vegan frosting.