Somehow I let November get away. Between what felt like the constant visitors, the piling up work, the everyday, I managed to avoid this blog entirely. When I moved here, I promised myself frequent updates, constant reminders that I am indeed
doing New York. But somehow I managed to forget my camera whenever real excitement was going on. So here are a few pieces from here and there, camera photos, phone photos.
Earlier in the month, Amber, Lili, Lili's fiance Nathan and I had a very delicious brunch at a very hipster Williamsburg joint called
Enid's.
 |
I had the huevos rancheros which were fantastic
|
 |
| Cold brewed iced coffee and Amber's "Thanksgiving Hash" |
 |
| Lili and her Thanksgiving hash |
 |
| My favourite time of year. |
Over American Thanksgiving, my mom came and visited. We had a blast. Mom stayed with me in my cozy apartment and we just did everything we both love: ate, shopped, and galleried. We did Black Friday with skill, getting some amazing deals at some of my and moms favourite stores: J.Crew, Madewell and Artizia. We saw an amazing Willem de Kooning retrospective at the MoMa, and we ate, oh we ate. We had lunches at
Eataly and the
Hampton Chutney Co., dinner at Torrisi Italian Specialties,
Red Rooster in Harlem and Boulud Sud. It was truly a NYC staycation. Excuse the quality of the photos, most were taken on a phone.
 |
| Goat cheese, olive, tomato dosa w. Mango Chutney at Hampton Chutney Co. |
 |
| Our spread at Eataly: bitter greens, mushroom bruschetta, roast veg with farro |
 |
| Cornbread starter at Red Rooster with butter and tomato jam |
And so was November.
No comments:
Post a Comment